Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Monday, November 17, 2008

Kainga blooms and new books.

Hello,

We have been having cooler weather this year than last year. I needed a jacket on out in the garden yesterday. The good thing about this is the rose blooms are staying on longer not being knocked about by heat. The above photo is a rose growing over the back of the gazebo in the back garden.


A Rosemary hedge. This was grown from 3inch cuttings taken a couple of years ago. I have several Rosemary hedges, very tough and drought resistant. I originally bought two plants and have propagated from them.

Everything is in bloom at the moment. Everything seems to self seed very well for me. Hollyhocks are coming up everywhere.


On Friday I was lucky to receive this beautiful book for a present. It is called Naming the Rose discovering who roses are named for by Roger Mann.



When I went to the book store to pick up my book next to it was this book that I had read about and decided it must come home with me. It is called Tea Roses Old Roses for Warm Gardens. by Lynne Chapman, Noelene Drage, Di Durston, Jenny Jones, Hillary Merrifield and Billy West.
Both of these books I will treasure and read on a regular basis. They are full of information and stunning pictures.
Happy gardening.
Bev C



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bev what a wonderful garden you have,Love your roses. It's lovely to see the gardens in full bloom. We planted a Jacaranda tree when we moved up the coast and it flowered this year for the first time. It's stunning.
By for now Lyn!!!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your garden is amazing!! Love the rosemary!

Susan said...

Love your garden, a peaceful place in the world.