Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

The "Chicken Dinner" Challenge

Hello,

I hope everyone is having a relaxing long weekend. This month for our stitching challenge I chose a pattern from Sindy's Website. The above table runner is what I made. I added some chicken print material between the three panels and gave the chickens some straw to sit on. I didn't need to go and buy anything to complete this project although I was scratching around for enough black homespun. It did need a little join in the material in the lower piece but this isn't noticeable.
This is Anita's finished "Chicken Dinner" wall hanging. Anita has also found some chicken wire material but in a different colourway to mine. Anita told me she had great fun looking through her stash to find the appropriate colours for her chickens. Great work Anita. Heather didn't join in this month she is swamped with other projects. I hope you get to do this little project Heather. I would like to thank Sindy Rodenmayer who gave me permission to use her pattern. Sindy has a great array of applique patterns on her website. Please go and check them out. Now I will have to have a search through things to choose a pattern for next months challenge.
Happy sewing
Bev C

1 comment:

Jossie said...

The table runners are so cute. They would make nice wall hangings too. It is so much fun to do this together with friends.