Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Quilts help to sell homes.

Hello,

Ainsley and Julian recently put there home on the market and it went under offer immediately. Lots has been done to the house since they bought a few years ago. A new kitchen was put in December last year they also had the bathroom renovated completely new carpets in each bedroom and lounge room a beautiful big patio was put out the back replacing a much smaller one and the pool had only been relined recently. But as a mother I think the home made quilts added that homely touch!!! The photo above is the quilt I made for their wedding quilt. It was a pattern from The Australian Patchwork and Quilting Magazine. I adjusted the pattern by adding more borders to it. It was originally only a lap quilt.
This quilt I made for Ainsley's 21st Birthday. It was my own design which I made up as I went along. I appliqued 21 hearts along the top and bottom of the quilt.

Tulips were appliqued in some of the blocks. Other blocks had floral designs on them and the bigger blue block is a beautiful butterfly material.


When Ainsley and Julian got engaged I was doing this cross stitch of the zebra so this was an engagement present. I loved doing this cross stitch seeing the zebra coming to life.
Happy days.
Bev C



1 comment:

Roseanne said...

Those quilt look lovely on the bed. You have done a Great job..

razzy