Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Cushions and some stitching.

Hello,

Thank you to those who left Birthday wishes for David. They all had a great time. They enjoyed there night out and behaved themselves. David got back to the hotel in the late hours of the morning then he and a mate went straight to use the Sauna. No wonder he came home and slept and slept. Pauline has been very busy with this challenge with the Raggy Quilt. Pauline and Chris have been out to patchwork shops and op shops scouring the country for just the right material. Look at the Raggy cushion that Pauline has made to try out Raggy Quilting. It is just beautiful and Pauline tells me that the photo doesn't do it justice. Congratulations Pauline I can't wait to see what else you have done.
I have finished another cushion. I paper pieced this and it will look great on the lounge with the other cushion that I made before. I will have to buy an insert for it.

Yesterday I got to work on "My Button Quilt" I enjoyed looking for material to use in this. It is a very scrappy design. There is some more applique to put on it and a border. Then I attach the buttons. When I was making up the quilt part of it I thought why would someone want to join 1 and a half in squares together but it was enjoyable and can see why people love making doll quilts and miniatures.



I have also done blocks one and two of another block of the month called "Stringybark Farm".



There is supposed to be a name on the dog kennel but my dog hasn't been named yet.
There is rain coming today,hopefully we will get a decent shower. I hope everyone has a enjoyable and relaxing day.
Happy stitching,
Bev C




2 comments:

Cottage Contessa said...

Hi Bev! What a beautiful quilter you are, so talented! I have promised myself that when my daughter finishes school at the end of this that I will make time for myself to learn quilting, something I've always wanted to learn. Thank you for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate that a lot. Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)
Jacaranda Cottage.

Chris Glass said...

Hi Bev, I have my squares cut & ready for the raggy quilt challange - now I just need to find the time to get the machine out and make a start on it.
My friends Lucre & Carrie went out and about on the weekend to look for fabrics too. So two more joining in the challange!! And they are both first timers as well.
Much love, Chris