Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"Best Friends",Stitchery and Books.

Hello,

Last Friday was my monthly sewing day. I took two things along to start/finish. Do you think I got much done,no,too busy helping others and talking. I had bought this kit called "Best Friends" at a garage sale for only $5.00. It hadn't even been opened. Everything was inside the pattern the material buttons and wool. I all needed to supply was the stuffing which I had on hand. The girls are enjoying there new found freedom out in the garden. The "Best Friends" is a design by Judy Golder.
A while back I was lucky enough to receive this unfinished stitchery from Robyn.
I bought some matching DMC embroidery thread and finished off the stitching on the hearts. I had some lovely wooden heart buttons which I got from my favourite little shop. Which sadly has closed down. The owners wanted to spend more time with family as the children were only young. I added a calico binding to match in and it now has pride of place on the dining table.

Last week I got a lovely notice from the library saying that this book was in. I ordered it sometime ago after reading a review for it in a craft magazine. It is a great book with beautiful quilts graded according to your capabilities. I loved how they let you decide which way to applique the design. I don't know if I will get any done but I am sure I will copy some for use later on. I also have the book "Velvet Pears" by Susan Southam which is just heaven. I have this book ordered from a book store and can't wait for it and another cross stitch book to come.
Happy days.
Bev C



4 comments:

Vickie said...

Wow Bev, that was a great find at that price-you have made them up beautifully..and that stitchery looks grand well done,hmm how have I missed that you like cross-stitch,I must learn to take more time and smell the roses(read all that is in front of me)-have a great day, cheers Vickie

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for visiting me. What a beautiful blog you have. I love the best friends dolls. How very precious they are and what a great price! I also love your stitchery and those books looks like you could get lost for hours in the pages. Hoping you have a great week.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Great work Bev!!! I'm sure you will love Velvet Pears...I love cross stitch too, I have so many here but have got caught up in stitchereis...oh well...one day!!!

Rosy Inspiration said...

Hi, Bev,

Books and mags are always so good to give us ideas. It seems like you're always stitching something, keep it up.