Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Friendship Bag Swap

Hello, I am a participant in the Friendship Bag Swap that is taking place at The Quilting Gallery I recently sent my bag to Karen who lives on the other side of Australia. Karen has received my bag and I have got a lovely newsy letter and rose card as a thank you from Karen. Karen doesn't have a blog. I am sure she will one day,she has a major project on the go at the moment which is taking up her time.
The little bag was easy to make. I used some Asian Fabrics that I had on hand. I also included some cottons pins ric-rac and a fat quarter of fabric.

Each time I took a photo the colours showed up differently but this photo above is fairly accurate of the colours. I am glad you liked the bag Karen.


Recently I managed to stitch up the Christmas Stocking from Saffron Craig.
I used some of the little Fairy's that were on the panel and appliqued these to the back of the stocking. This will be put to good use at Christmas. The potholder I made from a pattern that is from Lisa's blog. I adjusted this a little to suit the size of the project.I also made up Cath's pattern of her teapot and cupcake. I changed this also. I added some beads for on the cupcake to add some sparkle. Cath has a range of stitchery that you can download. I will use this block in my stitchery quilt. Today I want to finish the quilting on a quilt that has been looking at me in my sewing room saying "finish me".
Happy sewing
Bev C


2 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Bev...what a sweet little bag...and yes the colours do look different in the photos...Hugs Dzintra♥x

Simone de Klerk said...

Lovely swap and I really like what you did to Lisa's pattern for the pot holder. I love Lisa's buttons! And I love her designs (O: