Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Charity blocks and some Friday Night Sewing.

Hello,

Yesterday I received my material from Simone to make up two blocks for a charity quilt. I was given the task of making two blocks for boys. For the block on the left (Courtyard Square) I was given the centre piece and the blue/yellow material used in the flying geese. For the one on the right (Around the Rosie) I was given the centre piece and the green/blue stripe for triangle squares. Most of my material is very feminine but I did manage to find enough boyish colours. I even managed to get a Beagle in there. Simone has a beagle so I thought this was very appropriate. They have just been posted and will be winging there way back home to Simone.
Tonight I will be involved in the Friday Night Sew-In. I have plans to use the first pattern which has the checked border. I have chosen the brown print to go into the centre.
I would like to thank Anita who was kind enough to be my photographer today. I lent my battery charger to Ainsley and Julian who are still on there cruise.
I will be back tomorrow hopefully with a nearly finished table runner. Enjoy your evening.
Happy days.
Bev C

6 comments:

Anita said...

Bev, I really love the colours in your material and boy the photography is great!! Kind regards, Anita.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Bev...I have just finished my sew in...went for a few hours over Johnny Depp and Chocolat...plus chocolates of course!!! Enjoy your sew in...Dzintra♥x

Maria said...

Your blocks are great for a boy. Well done.
I am just having a coffee break from my "SEW IN". I am putting together a QAYG. First time I have made one and it is fun.
Happy Stitching

Dolores said...

I am not usually a lover of print fabrics - I prefer solids or ones that 'read' as such BUT, I am absolutely in love with the fabric you have chosen to work with. Can't want to see the finished piece.
You did a great job on those blocks for Simone and the dog fabric is perfect.

Nat Palaskas said...

Lovely blocks for Simone's charity quilts. Hope you enjoyed your Friday Night Sew-in? I'm just doing a blog hops around the list from the Friday Night sew-in on Heidi's post - I just posted mine up I hope you will come over for a visit - Hugs Nat

Simone de Klerk said...

Love the blocks, Bev! Can't wait to get them, to put them to the other ones I got. The beagle is so cute! Sorry I can't keep it *LOL*