Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Shells and results from Friday Night Sew-In.

Hello,

I hope everyone is enjoying the start of the weekend. No sewing done today,a bit of shopping and doing things around the house. I had to share this photo my sister Chris sent me recently (thanks Chris). These shells were collected at Te Ari Beach in New Zealand by her friends Kei and Lisa. There were holes in the middle of each shell and Chris made these. Modern Art at its best.
Last night for the Sew-In I managed to get the table runner nearly together. I still have to put the binding on. I usually use spray glue to put the three layers together but I have run out of this so this time I used safety pins. Not quite as happy with the result. I may undo some of the outside quilting and use spray glue.

In the centre I machine embroidered three of these little daisy designs. These are from the Brother card Number 22 which has a great range of designs.I see 145 people joined in,I call that a resounding success.
This month I am trying not to purchase any quilting/craft supplies. Using up what I have on hand.After all there is a room full of supplies in the sewing room. I am in the process of making a very small list of what I need and will get this next month.
Tomorrow is Anita's Birthday,go and wish her a Happy Day. Today she is resting getting ready to use all her energy to blow out the candles!!!!
Happy days.
Bev C

12 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Good job on the table runner Bev...I worked on my one too!!! I have never used spray glue..do you prefer that than pinning it together?

Roseanne said...

Love the shells you sister has done a great job on them. They look lovely on that fence. Your table runner looks nice to.

Jocelyn said...

Lovely job on the table runner! The fabric is beautiful. Wasn't the Friday Night Sew-In fun??

Maria said...

Lovely shells.

Well done with your table runner. Yes "Friday Night Sew In" has really grown. The first time I joined in there were only 5 people.

Anita said...

Hi Bev, Great job on the table runner, I just adore that material. Oh and if I was to put candles on my birthday cake and light them up, I would need to ring the fire brigade to put out the fire. There's plenty of candles now!! Kind regards, Anita.

Bobbie Lynn said...

Nice table runner and the colors I really like too. Very fall. Happy sewing.

Cath Ü said...

Love what you have done for Friday night sew in.. hey I am a basting spray fan too... love that stuff...
Cath Ü

retdairyqueen said...

Nice fabric in the table runner Looking good ,Watching for the finished item
Off to wish Anita a Happy Birthday

Pauline said...

I think it's wonderful how you two sisters express your creativity. I really liked Chris' latest hugs and kisses creation. Will have to get down to Te Arai beach soon. Love your table runner!

Simone de Klerk said...

Lovely tablerunner, Bev! Great fabric and the stitcheries are so cute (O:

Sue said...

Great shells and beautiful table runner. The main fabric is soooo cute. I love it. Well done

Anonymous said...

Those shells are so sweet!!! And the fabric for your table runner is gorgeous x

hugs
Shelly x