Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Doggie Bag.

Hello,

I have just finished sewing a Birthday present for my niece Carmody. I had some dog material on hand and used that as well as some black homespun. I found this pattern in a issue of Handmade Volume 24 No. 10. This issue was printed in 2007. The design was called Afternoon Tea Bag. So using the dog material was very appropriate. Plus Carmody is a Ranger so it all falls together nicely. The pattern had used the "U" shaped handles with a curl on the end so the handles just slipped into the handle tabs. I had to do the pattern a bit differently because I used handles I had in my stash. I also used some iron on vilene on the lining. The pattern didn't call for any but I feel it makes the bag hang in place properly if it is lined with some sort of wadding.

One thing I am pretty pleased with is it is the first time I have used the magnetic clips to fasten the bag. Wow these things make the job so much easier. Now I will have to make a little purse to go with the bag. Back to the sewing machine.
Have a great weekend.
Happy days.
Bev C

10 comments:

Vickie said...

well Done Bev, lovely fabric -lovely design=kewl bag..yep them magnetic claps are ace (except if you get the ones that are really hard to undo),
cheers Vickie

retdairyqueen said...

Just lovely
Your neice will be very happy

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

What a wonderful bag Bev...especially for a Ranger!!!

Bobbie Lynn said...

What a wonderful gift. She will love it and it is so neat to be able to make gifts for the people we love.
Have a wonderful Weekend Bev.

Maria said...

Beautiful bag and I am sure your neice will love it.

Have a great weekend and a Happy Mother's Day Bev.

Dolores said...

What a thoughtful, lovely gift.

Terriaw said...

Cool bag! That magnetic snap was pretty easy to put in, wasn't it? Makes the bag closure so clean and sturdy. Good for you!

Pauline said...

Thanks, Bev, I have been wondering what those magnetic clips are like. Seeing your bag reminded me that I bought an old cane handbag from a garage sale a little while ago because I wanted the handles. But I liked the bag so much I've been using it, so I'm still without the handles I wanted. The bag is lovely, lucky Carmody!

Anita said...

Hi Bev, I'm sure your niece will love her bag. A girl can't have too many bags either. Good job. Kind regards, Anita.

Jossie said...

It is gorgeous Bev. I like the doggy head peeping over the bag.