Today I put the binding on this little rubbish bag that I made last night. It is for sewing threads etc. A handy bin to have beside my sewing machine while I sew.Fellow blogger Lisa kindly sent me the pattern earlier on in the year. The front of the bag is supposed to have a stitchery pattern with a house surrounded by flowers. I had this machine embroidery sample that was a test sew-out in my cupboard so decided to use it,although I realise a cream fabric would have matched the main fabric a lot better.
This is how it looks folded up. There is also a little ric-rac handle on the inside. I made only one slight change to it. I hand sewed on the base. I found this much easier to handle rather than battling with the machine. If I made it again I would probably put some form of stiffening in the base as well as the side. There is some shapewell in the sides to help make it stiff.