Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Whatever happened to Monday? plus Tuesday's Treasure.

Hello,

A belated Happy Monday,it must be Monday somewhere. I actually was busy finishing hand quilting the quilt I have been working on. Plus it was such a lovely day I decided to do what I wanted to do. Some days are like that,blogging takes a bit of a back seat.

The past week of  Happiness.

I was very happy to get 7 metres of lime green fabric for the sum of $1.00 from Good Sammy's on Tuesday. Yes a whole 7 metres of fabric, you will see it in quite a few projects. It was a bit dusty on the edges. Probably from where it was rolled up. A wash in the machine and it is back like new. I also bought some craft/patchwork magazines for a $1.00 each. The best thing I got though was heaps of embroidery threads in pink green and yellow.

It has decided to finally cool down. I think it was last Thursday our temps were from 6 degrees to 23 degrees Celsius. Just heaven after having days /which turned into months of heat. Rain, well that is another story. We had 1.75mls on the Thursday then a few days later we had 2 mls of rain. I did stand out at 11.30pm to see that it still comes from the sky.

On Sunday we had a family lunch. Ainsley and Julian have come back from holidaying in the Maldives for three weeks. Gosh the photo's of the sea were just so clear. Lovely resorts that they stayed at,one of the islands they stayed on was only about 300 metres wide and 1.5km long. They showed us a photo of a deserted island that you can hire for the day. It was so tiny, just a little shack and nothing else. I think you would be bored after ten minutes. Not even a  palm tree to shade you.



I am also very happy that I have finished my "Hot Pad" for the swap. You can see a bit of it in the photo.
It is of on its journey and won't be long before it lands at the new owners letterbox. Always happy to finish a project,especially for someone else.
I am EXTREMELY HAPPY that I finished hand quilting the quilt I have been working on for the past couple of weeks. Just the border and some buttons to go on now. Photo's soon.

Tuesday's Treasures.

This week my treasure is a favourite book of mine called  "Gardening by the seasons at Foxglove Spires - Velvet Pears" by Susan Southam.



Fellow blogger Dzintra kindly told us about this beautiful garden. You know she waves to me each time she goes there!!!! One day I hope to get there and see the treasures in real life. Here you can see more of Foxglove Spires. 

Make sure you see what other Treasures are being revealed this week at Melody's blog.

Happy days.
Bev C

17 comments:

BubzRugz said...

Gotta love a bargain.... your hot pad looks so fantastic.... I'm looking forward to seeing the whole thing...
Gardening books.... so inspirational...
Hugz

Pauline said...

I must have been in the same zone as you yesterday, Bev. Didn't notice it was Monday. If there's one day you should do as you please it's Makes you Happy, Monday.

Sue said...

Hi Bev, I love that little hot pad and the gardening book looks gorgeous. I might just have to pop over there now.

Maria said...

Great find in the op shop Bev.
Lovely Hot Pad.
Enjoy the cooler weather. Still hot here.

Valspierssews said...

Your hot pad design looks great and Garden books are just wonderful for helping you dream of the possibilities. I have quite a few :)

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Ah Bev I'm so glad it's one of your favourite books...i want you to see it!!! It's up for sale so it could lose all it's lovely ambience...worse still the new owners may not keep it how it is...or even shut it down!!! Got a spare million or so haha!!! Dzintra

Simone de Klerk said...

Happiness comes in two! Love the peek of your swap project!

Rochelle said...

Looks like a lovely book and I love your hot pad too.

Karen said...

So pleased to read that you have had some cooler days. You deserve it after all that heat!
Love the hot pad. Looks great!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely book. Makes you just want to visit that garden. you had some great buys too.

Melody said...

Wow, lovely hot pad and your book looks delightful Thanks so much for sharing.

Cheryll said...

Fantastic Hot Pad (well what I can see that is) looks great! So glad you joined in! :)

Nat Palaskas said...

It looks a like good book for Tuesday's treasure. I hope to get to Tilba on one of our visit to S-Coast. Be happy whatever you are doing Bev - Hugs Nat

Terriaw said...

How wonderful to see so many happy things going on around here! I love your cute little clothesline mini - so charming. And that garden pictured in that book - gorgeous. We can all aspire to have that scene in our backyard. Glad to hear you are enjoying the days!

rosie said...

Just found your blog..I missed Monday too! Love the gardening book, would love to buy it but it is too expensive here.. My girlfriend has been there and says its beautiful...Rosie

Jossie said...

A happy post again Bev.
You lucky girl. Seven meters for only $1. That would make me very happy too! Looks like you got yourself a great gardening book.

Bobbie Lynn said...

What an adorable hot pad. I have a wall quilt that I need to get out and finish. Your hot pad just made me think of it. It was the first kit I bought many, many years ago. It is a laundry theme .
I enjoy looking at books and magazines that have lovely gardens and rooms. They inspire me.
Have a wonderful weekend Bev and hope you had a good Friday sew in.
: )