Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Snowmen in West Australia????

Hello,

I know it never snows here at Kainga.


Though I did see a snowman in my sewing room yesterday.


Some of you asked how I get rid of aphids on my roses. I wait for the ladybirds, they have arrived in the garden and are enjoying the feast of aphids.


This is week two of  The Sew Happy Sew-along. I decided to turn this one into a little "Stitching Companion" for myself. I changed the size of the pattern to fit inside a 8 inch hexagon template.



This is the inside of it. A little pocket on each side, a piece of felt to hold pins and a magnet sewn onto the other side to hold needles and pins. To finish it of some ric-rac for the loop and a pretty heart button on the front.
Happy days.
Bev C

19 comments:

marina said...

Lovely embroideries and sewing companion. What a clever idea to add the magnet!
the hexagon shape is a great idea.

Wendy said...

I am doing this sew along, your idea for them is gorgeous.

Sue said...

That's so cute...I love the magnet idea.

Melody said...

This is so sweet, Bev. And I agree the little magnet is a great idea.

Maria said...

Oh Sew nice to make something for yourself Bev. Love it.

Jeanette said...

Love your idea for the stitching companion, especially the magnet. Hugs,

rosie said...

I love that you are doing something different Bev... this is really lovely..

Nat Palaskas said...

So cute Bev, I have seen a few Christmas ideas lately. Oh no, not Christmas already?

Anonymous said...

That is such a sweet pattern Bev and looks lovely as a hexie sewing companion. Really sweet embroideries too.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Too cute Bev...Dzintra

Narelle said...

I love your little sewing companion. Looks like your magnet idea is very popular.
Ladybirds do your thing!

Tarnyia said...

What a fantastic idea and even better that it is for you xxx

Astrid said...

It never snows in Mauritius either, but the snowmen are in my sewing table! Such a great idea for the sewing companion, it's so cute!

Anonymous said...

how clever is your needlecase,well done Bev

Eggs In My Pocket said...

I love the sewing comanion.....so wonderful! blessings,Kathleen

Bobbie Lynn said...

Hi Bev,
Love the snowmen, too cute. Need to bring snowmen into my crafting. Just think that needle keeper is a wonderful idea and would make a great gift too. I need to really get back into my sewing.
Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog.
Hope your Falls days are beautiful there at Kainga.
Blessings and have a wonderful weekend.

Bobbie Lynn said...

Opps, I ment to say "Spring". I forget that you have the opposite there in Australia. : )

RG said...

I have a lovely embroidered daisy like your spring snowman and the cute ladybird :-)
A lovely lady gave it to me ;)

Thanks for the tip on the ladybirds... although I wonder if we don't get as many as we should.. I'm going to be watching closely now.

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

oh c'est magnique very beautiful

bisous de France