Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Friday, October 21, 2011

"Warkworth Blues" is finished.

Hello,

Yesterday I finished the hexagon project I have been working on. I have decided to call it "Warkworth Blues" because Lisa purchased the fabrics from Warkford Wellsford Hospice Shop.


This was all hand sewn,which I could sit for hours and hours doing. The pattern wanted buttons in the centre of each folded hexagon but I thought this wasn't a great idea. As it is being used for a table runner, I made some circles up and used some "double sided sticky stuff" to hold  it to the centre.  On my shopping list will  be some matching thread to button hole them on. The finished size is 39 inches long by 27 inches wide.


I did find some clear and concise instructions for the folded hexagons here.

Happy days.
Bev C

22 comments:

Teresa said...

I love it Bev... it's turned out beautifully. I am off to check out the link for the folded hexies.. thank you!!! Great finish xx

Karen said...

This looks great, Bev. Love all the blues you have used in the table runner. Really the the folded fabric.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Simply gorgeous Bev....I love it.

Clara said...

Oh......I love it! Very very beautiful!!! And many thanks for sharing the tutorial. Clara.

Anonymous said...

Bev very nice,well done

marina said...

well done!
Love the blues. those folded ones are just amazing.

Fiona said...

Bev this is lovely... I have seen a similar pattern for folded hexagons but never tried them.... they look so effective...
Hugz

Melody said...

This is so gorgeous Bev. I'm going to have a go at something similar as I love it so much.

Michelle said...

It looks great Bev! Many years ago our church ladies got together and made a quilt for a new bride with this technique it was great cos we could all work on it at home... and we wrote messages in some of the hexagons... the bride loved it!

Jeanette said...

Very beautiful Bev. Will check out the folded hexagon site. Hugs

Miriam said...

Beautiful! I love all those blues.

Simone de Klerk said...

Absolutely beautiful, Bev! So original, so pretty.
Have a lovely and creative weekend (o:

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

WOW, Bev, this is truly lovely. Great job. Love the colors. Hugs Judy

Astrid said...

It's so lovely! Love the blues and the shape!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Oh, this is just so lovely! You did such a great job. blessings,Kathleen

Bobbie Lynn said...

Bev, your hexagon runner came out fabulous. I just starting to read "The Help" I think I'm going to enjoy it.
Have a lovely weekend.
Blessings to you and your family.

Vickie said...

STAR...gorgeous Bev (and I don't like blue) lol..well done,cheers Vickie

Unknown said...

Lovely Bev & I do Like those Folded Hexies they really make it all POP.
cheers

Wendy said...

It's gorgeous Bev, the folded hexies have added a lovely dimension to it.

Pauline said...

You've made Warkworth famous! That quilt of Lisa's is a never ending story! :) The runner is lovely. I looked at the link with interest which waned pretty quickly when I saw how difficult those hexagons are!

Margaret said...

i, Bev since redaing this post yesterday I have made some of the folded hexies , they are addictive, Now where is the instructions for the other part ? the hexies made wrong way up with contrasting fabric, ---- As if I had all the time in the world to just sit and sew. Great that you gave to a Hospice , Well done.

Melissa ;-) said...

Oh, Bev! I really like that!