Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Monday, January 16, 2012

"Makes Me Happy Monday."

Hello,

A super big Happy Monday to you all. The first posting for the year for "Makes Me Happy Monday."

Today I am happy to share some finishes with you. The first one is a bag I made from some fabric I won from Sandy last year. I used a pattern from a Handmade magazine but changed it slightly.


There were supposed to be pleats along the top but I gathered it instead. This way the print showed up more. I had two blocks left over that I appliqued to the bag. One to either side. There is a magnetic clasp at the top which is so handy to have. I had the magnetic clasp and wooden handles in my stash. I used a blue print for the lining that I have had in my sewing room for far too many years to remember. This is the second time I have made this bag. A very useful pattern.

The other finish I want to share is the place mats I made for Ainsley and Julian for Christmas.



Yes, they did get them Christmas day.  I machine embroidered these. The designs feature people and places from Kalgoorlie York and Northam. . I used some of the fabric I won from Freda.

So this week I am happy to have used the fabric that I won in September last year.

If you need me I will be watching the Australian Open Tennis on TV today.

Happy Monday.
Bev C


16 comments:

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Bev. YOU always make me Happy when I visit your blog. Love the Bag you create from the fabric you won. Very pretty indeed. I also love the fabric with all the Aussie Icons. very neat. Hugs Judy

Karen said...

Your bag looks great. Lots of fabric can fit in there when you shop!
Your place mats are lovely. I especially like the contrast trim.

Valspierssews said...

The bag is lovely. Great to use up some stash fabrics. I like the fabric and that is a good idea to applique an extra block on at an angle like that. It looks really good. Glad the place mats got there in time. I am disappointed the cricket finished early. I can watch cricket but I can't get interested in the tennis.

Pauline said...

Still love your Makes Me Happy Monday posts, Bev. Your bag looks lovely, reminds me I have a pair of handles somewhere, must rat them out. Bet Ainsley and Julian loved their placemats!!

Christine M said...

Hi Bev. Your bag looks lovely. As do the placemats. Enjoy the tennis. Mitchell is off there tomorrow with his grandmother. They go every year (it's his Christmas present from Nana and Pa). I think he's been going with her since he was 8 years old!

Maria said...

What beautiful projects you have completed. Bags looks great and I am sure Ainsley and Julian were happy with their placemats.

Fiona said...

lovely bag... looks like lots of treasures could fit in there... the placemats are great with the historical pictures on....
Hugz

Narelle said...

Your bag looks so lovely and summery :)
The placemats are a beautiful idea.

Michelle said...

It looks like it is a decent size for holding all sorts of goodies and the fabric is cute... the placemats look cute too.

Nat Palaskas said...

Happy New Year Bev and Happy Monday too. Good to have some finished to the start of the year - Love Nat

marina said...

what gorgeous finishes!
Enjoy the tennis. DH and no 3 son have gone into town tonight to watch the tennis. Luckily Federer will be playing tonight too.

Terriaw said...

What a happy Monday! I love your new bag - so charming, especially with that fun handle. That set of placemats looks like a lot of work - very cool to have such a fab finish.

Bobbie Lynn said...

Hi Bev,
You are off to a great start for 2012. That is a very cute tote. Those are great place mats too. Love the embroidery designs. I am also working on my stash of fabric (the pile is almost gone) and pulled out a few uncompleted items and I hope to finish them soon. Yes, tennis is great to watch.
Have a great week.
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

aussiequilter said...

hi Bev-love your bag and of course the BLUE placemats-very nice! cheers teri

Mitzi said...

Hi Bev,

I love that bag with the bamboo handles. I could put that bag to good use!

Mitzi

Melody said...

Gorgeous sewing. I love your bag.