Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Monday, July 30, 2012

"Seven Signs of Happiness."

Hello,

Happy Monday.

Last week I was given a lovely surprise from FarahLin. Please visit and say Hi to Farah, she does a lot of hand stitching which is amazing.
Thank you Farah, now I am supposed to mention 7 things about myself. Instead I will include 7 things that have made me happy over the last few days.

1. One of the quietest weekends we have ever had. Just perfect.



2. I started a new project at sewing on Friday and have used some of the fabric I dyed with purple carrots a few weeks ago.

3.Spending Sunday in the garden, after visiting the local PCYC (Police and Citizen Youth Club) Swap Meet in the morning.



4. We have three hens that have never been out of there yard. We  have farm wire fences along the boundary so the chooks would wander too much. We tried a while back to encourage them to go out of their yard but they wouldn't go out the gate. They were institutionalised!!! It only took one of them to pluck up the courage and walk out the gate, one followed but the other one just paced back and forth and wouldn't leave the yard. Meanwhile the other two ate every earthworm in sight.


5.Finding a book I have wanted to read at the Library,  "At Home with the Templeton's" by Monica McInerney. A great Aussie author

6. Enjoying the beautiful day we had today, it got to 22.

7. Knowing that it is going to rain tomorrow.

Now I am supposed to nominate some other blogs for the Award, Seriously how am I supposed to do that, everyone that reads my blog deserves it. So please take it and do a post yourself. Spread some more Loveliness.

Today I did some more dyeing, this time I used brown onion skins. The fabric turning into a lovely mellow yellow.  I plan to use the fabric as part of a Christmas stitchery. It is so much fun making your own fabric in the colour you want. The next thing I want to dye with is red onion skins. Have you done something a little different to make you happy?

Happy Monday.
Bev C

13 comments:

Terriaw said...

What a wonderful list! Your list would definitely make me happy too.

Fiona said...

Great list.... and such fun with your natural dying ... I'm interested to see how the red onions work out..
Hugz

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Great post Bev...loved the purple dye, good on you for giving it a go! Good to read about your 'institutionalized' chooks too ha ha! Congrats on the award and thanks for spreading it!

marina said...

Your list is great. Love the chooks becoming de-institutionalised.
I bought some purple carrots to have a go at dyeing but we ended up eating them instead! All the boys ate them-I can't get them to eat cooked orange carrots. They were delish! but no dyeing for me.

Melody said...

A fabulous list. Have a wonderful week.

Cheryll said...

You are a very clever girl dying fabric that you want to use!
Nice getting to know you a little more too! :)

Anonymous said...

great list Bev and love the dying that you are doing Bev,very interesting.xx

Anthea said...

Such a lovely post Bev - and flattering for the loveliness of your blog to be recognised...

FarahLin said...

What a great way to spread the love, Bev! Great list by the way ;)

Lynda said...

I love your happy Monday posts.

Maria said...

I enjoyed reading your Happy List...

Jossie said...

Only little things are needed to make one happy. For me it is today's bright blue sky which we hardly have seen this summer.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Just loved this post. I am thinking about trying to knit......I would be very happy if I could learn to make a sweater!