Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

"A4 Folder Covers."

Hello,

Has 2013 been good for you? I have made a start on some projects. I actually had a Post-it-note from March 2012 that said "Make two covers for folders." . Sometimes it is better not to rush things. Leaving it meant I made three of them



I couldn't find a pattern that fitted the A4 2 ring binders I had so I got out some newspaper and made up a template. The funny thing is if I had made these back in March I wouldn't have used these materials. As I received them later on in the year. The two folders with rose cross stitch material will be used for storing the cross stitch patterns I have downloaded.


Chris sent me several metres of this lovely fabric, so this one will hold sewing patterns.I worked out that the main piece of fabric which covers the front and back of the folder has to be 23.25 inches  wide by 13.25 inches long. Make this a little bigger and cut to size after quilting the three layers together. I used a "Ladder Stitch" on each of the folders.


The inside flaps were all done in different sizes according to the amount of fabric I had. The one on the right has a binding where as the others were placed with fabrics right sides together on top of the wadding and the lining fabric was turned over then the pieces was quilted.

The size of the A4  2 ring binder I used was;
10.5 x 12.5 x 2 inches
or in metric
26 x 32 x 5 cm.

Gradually

I have noticed that some bloggers have a word that goes with them throughout the year. This year I decided to have one too. I chose "Gradually" Mainly because that is how I want to take things this year. I keep on remembering that quote "Fools rush in where as Angels fear to tread" Otherwise I am not going to be signing up for loads of Blocks of the month and end up at the end of the year with a pile of half pieced quilts. I would rather have a few less made items than a heap of unfinished items.

Friday Night with Friends.

Tomorrow I will be joining in doing some work on a project. Have you signed up yet?

Happy days.
Bev C

20 comments:

Christine M said...

Your folders look great Bev.

Wacky Woman said...

Love your folder covers. Really nice. I think my "word" will be reduce stuff, or simplify. Same thing for me.

Melody said...

Your folder covers look fabulous

Lynda said...

The folder covers turned out beautifully Bev. Lovely fabrics. I agree with you about taking things "gradually" - we tend to get caught up in whatever is going on in blogland and not achieving what we really want to.

Anonymous said...

the folder covers look fantastic Bev,well done.xx

Wendy said...

You have made beautiful covers and I love your word and explanation.

Karen said...

These binder covers are great. What a wonderful way to store all your patterns.
Gradually sounds perfect!

Valspierssews said...

I love your binder covers. The fabric is beautiful. Funny you found that post it note. It has worked out well that you waited :)
Gradually is a wonderful word. Trouble is I have gradually added to the list of things I want to do this year and I will be quite busy.

Maria said...

Beautiful Binder cover Bev...
You are a good girl deciding not to
Sign up formany swaps... I just can't help myself, am doing THREE for this month.....

Roseanne said...

Good start to 2013. Lovely folder covers.

Terry said...

Those look great! Congrats on getting them done! :0)

marina said...

lovely covers.
I am trying not to commit to many swaps this year, I only did a few last year but it will be even less this year.
I want to concentrate of my christmas makes.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

The folder covers are fantastic looking and your fabric choices are very pretty. I wish you and your family a Very Happy and Healthy New Year. Hugs Judy

Anthea said...

Happy New Year Bev♥
The covers look great, the fabrics so appropriate for purpose of the folders...
I totally love 'gradually'... I've actually been thinking for myself about 'the journey is just as important as the destination'.

Simone de Klerk said...

Gelukkig nieuwjaar!
Gradually is a perfect word to keep to.

Fiona said...

love the folders.... and they will look so muchnicer than plain cardboard....
Enjoy travelling gradually through 2013...
Hugz

Sharon said...

Your folders look great! I love your fabric choices. I have a recipe binder that needs a pretty cover. (Adding to my TO-DO list!)
As for all those BOM's, not for me this year either.

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

Lovely binder covers Bev. A great saying that one.....I often think of it, as I like to take my time with things.
All the best for 2013 Bev!

Mylene said...

Happy New Year & all the best for 2013!!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Great folder covers Bev...Gradually is a great word for this year! I like wackywoman' s word too...SIMPLIFY!