Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often and a new Crochet Project."

Hello,

I have finished the little table topper "Life's Pleasures." Happy to have finished this one, used up the smallest pieces of each of the fabrics I had. It certainly is a good feeling using up bits and pieces and looking through the fabrics thinking about what they were originally purchased for or who gave them to me. I used the same Ladybug fabric for the backing and binding .I even managed to include some of the fabric I had dyed with purple carrots in the top right hand "flying geese" background section.


The measurements for this topper are 22.5 inches square. A great size for the table. The saying's on the squares say. Live Well ,Love Much , Laugh Often. Some great works to live by.


The Crochet group I attend has already started back up for the year and  I was able to attend this week. I found a pattern for a scarf on-line. I am using a lovely soft 100% wool from Patons which is called Fireside in a 5 ply, using a size 4 crochet hook. The balls are only 50 grams each,of  which I have two. I have crocheted up one ball so far and have changed plans a bit. It will be a just long enough to go around the neck once so will turn it into a Cowl. Which will be handy to have on my early morning walks in Winter.

Happy days.
Bev C

15 comments:

Cubby House Crafts said...

Such a pretty crochet pattern Bev and will make a lovely scarf!
Lisa

marina said...

your little topper looks lovely. Well done on finishing it off and using your bits and bobs.
very pretty crochet pattern. I think my hands are itching for some crochet....

Anonymous said...

well done on your finished topper and your crochet looks very pretty.xx

Karen said...

Your table topper is colourful and cheerful. It looks great. Love the pretty crocheting, too.

Astrid said...

What a cute table topper! It feels good to use up bits and pieces, doesn't it. Beautiful crochet pattern!

Christine M said...

Your table topper looks lovely Val. I love the pink wool you are crocheting with.

Bobbie Lynn said...

What a sweet table topper. Love the appliques.

Mylene said...

Great job, table topper looks lovely as well as the crochet pattern.

Happy Hearts Day!!

Unknown said...

Love the table topper you have made using your bits of left over fabric :)) Something I would like to try..
The pink cowl(?) would brighten a winters day for sure..
hugs pat :))

Wendy said...

Lovely table topper and your crochet looks beautiful. Lovely pattern and colour.

Anthea said...

Hi Bev, the table topper looks wonderful and I do so love the words. The crochet will have you as the most stylish walker in town, & will be much needed on your chilly Northam winter walks.

Michelle said...

Cute table topper Bev and the crochet is very pretty!

Fiona said...

Ijust love your mini quilt.. there is so much to look at in it....
Hugz

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I love your mini quilt too Bev...I can spot a beach cabin there...it reminded me of the ones in Melbourne. Enjoy your crocheting...a very pretty colour!

Mitzi said...

"Life's Pleasures" is a great name, and your project is lovely! Hope all is well with you....