Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

"Rusty and Stamped Fabric Baskets."

Hello,

Remember I was rusting some fabric recently.


 This is what it turned out like. Love that the process was so simple. The hardest part was resisting the urge to un-tie the fabric to see how it was going.



I decided to make two baskets with some of the fabric.


 I found a tutorial online for a quick simple basket and decided to try stamping the fabric with the stamps that Bobbie-Lynn sent me.

Inside the basket.


Bottom of the basket.



 I have made a couple of these baskets and use them all the time. This one is currently holding some fruit on the kitchen bench.


 Inside the basket.


Bottom of the basket.

I will  be doing some more rusting of fabric,maybe even some linen for cross stitch.

Happy days.
Bev C

14 comments:

Christine said...

That is so effective! Great work and I would have had trouble not checking the progress too.

Christine M said...

I love your baskets, Bev. I would never think of rusting fabric. It gives such a different effect.

Julie said...

Gosh yes Bev that is SO effective, I love the results. Would never have thought you could do that to fabric :-)

marina said...

great effect with the rusting!

KimM said...

What a great idea and it turned out SO adorable!! How creative. Well done ;)
xxx

Bobbie Lynn said...

Hi Bev,
Love the look of your rusted fabric. A great way to use those stamps too. I thought the fabric came that way until I read a little further down. : )
Happy sewing and have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

Nat Palaskas said...

Good on you Bev. Rust dye and a step closer to eco dye! I like what you made with the fabric - Hugs Nat

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Good job Bev....interested to see how the linen goes!

Terri said...

Great baskets! Love the rusting and stamping effects you used. Very cool look.

Maria said...

Nice projects made from your rusty fabric..

Lin said...

Lovely Bev - who would have thought a bit of rust could be so nice! xx

Fiona said...

The rusty fabric is so effective and I love what you made with it...great combinations...
Hugz

Karen said...

That is a really interesting effect you have created. And I do like the baskets, too.

Wendy said...

Your baskets are lovely and look like useful designs. The rusting is so effective!